Texila American University,
P.O. Box No: 34160,
3rd Building Diamond Park (Opposite Mass Media),
Stand 35179, Alick Nkhata Road,
Telephone: (+260) 211 255006
Website : www.tau.edu.zm
Vision & Mission
To be recognized as a leader committed to excellence in higher education, research and innovation that meets the aspirations of the national and global community.
To redefine and revolutionize international education by offering updated, modern and excellent training in areas of Health Sciences, Information & Communication Technology, Management, Education, Applied Sciences & all possible areas that a learner seeks to engage with TAU
To observe the highest standards of ethics, integrity and compassionate care for students and community at large
To make Zambia proud of being the most sustainable region of the world through creating, disseminating and applying actionable knowledge.
Texila American University (TAU) Zambia is registered with the Higher Education Authority (HEA), Ministry of Higher Education Zambia. The university offers high quality undergraduate and postgraduate courses as well as specialty programs (PhD). With the growing demand for industry-blended curriculum, Texila programs are based on current trends and technologies across a wide range of industries. Programs cater for the learning needs of working professionals, without compromising on learning quality.
TAU Zambia provides quality education with a wide range of career-focused undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs. The university offers programs in the Schools of Information and Technology, Education, Business Management and Health Sciences.
> Offers distance learning and online education
> Modern teaching methods using latest technologies
> Availability of study materials online
TAU Zambia aims to instill and foster the highest standards of ethics, integrity and compassionate care among their students and towards society at large. The university is committed to providing career oriented education at bachelor, masters or postgraduate, and doctoral levels.
> Academic courses offered
> School of Information Technology
> IT is an ideal choice for students who like to take an active role in changing technologies.
> Bachelor of IT
> Master of Information Technology
> Master in Computer Science
> PhD in Information Technology
> PhD in Computer Science
School of Education
Texila education programs help create eminent educationalists who can create and enhance curriculum and education policies, and improve existing teaching methodologies, using the latest technology.
Bachelor of Education (Specialization)
1. B.Ed in Physical Health Education
2. B.Ed in Environmental Studies
3. B.Ed in Primary Education
4. B.Ed in Adult Education
5. B.Ed in Special Education
6. B.Ed in Early Childhood Education
7. B.Ed in Teaching Pedagogies ( Science, Maths)
Masters of Education
1. Educational Leadership
2. Distance Learning
3. Teaching Pedagogies in Science
4. Instructional Designing
5. Curriculum and instruction
6. Educational Technology
7. Teaching and Learning
8. Primary Education
9. Adult Education
10. Special Education
11. Early Childhood Education and Care
PhD in Education
School of Management
Business Management programs provide an educational experience designed to produce responsible and responsive leaders who will positively impact employees, customers and wider communities.
> Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
> Master of Business Administration – 25 specializations available
> MBA Executive
> PhD in Health Care Management
> PhD in Management
Health Science is an applied science related to the practice of clinical health care and population health. Numerous disciplines and sub-disciplines comprise Health Sciences, including anatomy and physiology.
PhD in Health Sciences
• Students are encouraged to move towards Texila’s online learning methodology, with guidance from tutors
• Blocked based learning – each subject will be covered in 2 months
• 24 x 7 technical support by student co-ordinators
• Subject wikis and online project assignments
• Live webinar (web seminar) available for faculty students interactions
• Online chat application, with integrated web conference and web meeting facilities
Victoria Falls University of Technology
Nakatindi Road Campus
P.O Box 60247
Telephone : +260- 21-3323338
Mobile No. : +260-0977 687079
+260- 977 684673
Registered under the Zambian Ministry of Education Act of 1999, Victoria Falls University of Technology (VFU), the country’s first private science university was opened in livingstone, Zambia in January 2010
The university was founded to fill the growing need for science and technology skills in the country and to help strengthen the national economy. The development’s of VFU coincides with the government’s focus on science , technology and innovation as the driving forces in national development.
Victoria Falls University has three campuses which include, the Nakatindi road campus, the Kazungula Campus and the Livingstone Campus
The main campus is the Nakatindi Road Campus which is three kilometers from the center of Livingstone City and was formally part of the Coillard Primary School built in the early nineteen fifties and was named after a famous Scottish explorer who visited this part of Africa in the nineteenth century, Part of the school still exists but was renamed Mulwani Basic School after independence. The trade School was renamed Livingstone Institute of Business and Engineering until 1995 when the said institute moved to a site adjacent to its old campus. The campus was then rented by the Victoria Falls University of Technology and was renamed the Nakatindi Road Campus.
To be one of the top Universities of Science and Technology devoted to the advancement of technological entrepreneurship in Africa.
To prepare men and women into leadership roles and motivate them into wealth creation enabled by Science and Technology.
It is strategically located at the gateway to neighbouring countries of Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe and the Southern Africa economic hub, South Africa.VFU is in Livingstone the home of Victoria Falls and tourist capital of Zambia.
The University offers programmes in the following schools:
1. School of Information Communication and Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Management
2. School of Education
- Bachelors of Arts in Education with specialization in: English, French, Special Education, Religious Education, History, or Geography
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics with Education
3. School of Tourism, Languages and Arts
- Bachelors of Science in Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management
4. School of Business and Financial Management
- Executive Masters in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Human Resources Management
- Bachelor of Science in Banking and Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Project Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration
- ZICA Licentiate and Professional Programmes
5. School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts in Law
Schools to be started shortly are:
• Science and Engineering
• Agriculture and food Technologies
• Energy and Environment
Method of application:
• Application forms can be obtainable from the University College Campus in Livingstone or from the University website.
• Application forms must be accompanied by photo copies of relevant certificates.
Boarding facilities are available at the campus on first come first serve basis.
University of Lusaka