Plot 18963 Off Katima Mulilo Road
Plot 12681/M Hillview,Libala
P.O. Box 31909
Tel : +260 211 293800
Mobile: +260 950 229695
+260 963 723056
+260 950 229697
+260 978 687961
+260 977 346609
The Lusaka Apex Medical University will contribute to the global supply of highly qualified health professionals with emphasis on Zambia and Southern Africa.
The Lusaka Apex Medical University is a Centre of Excellence in Medical, Nursing and Health Sciences Education, Research and Specialised Clinical Care.
a) To provide an alternate route for health and medical education for those young men and women who want to become doctors/ medical specialists and other health professionals but have not been given the opportunity to do so due to limited places in the national University of Zambia Medical School and other health institutions in Zambia and the region.
b) To provide quality research work in the medical field to support the country’s fight against the double burden of diseases:
- Communicable diseases, such as malaria, tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, and
- Non-communicable diseases, such as hypertension and diabetes, which are becoming prevalent on the African Continent.
c) To work with the private sector and other public institutions to strategise and rationalise the health sector in Zambia, such that the country extracts as much benefit from both the human resource and non-human resources available in the country.
ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES OFFERED
1.Pre-Medical Programme, 2 years
The objective for the Pre-medical programme is to provide high quality tuition to students for the A – Level (London Edexcel Syllabus) examinations. The programme aims to prepare students who aspire to do Medicine, Dental Surgery, Pharmacy, Nursing, Biomedical, Environmental Health, Radiology, Physiotherapy and Anaesthesia degree programmes with LAMU. (Refer to the Pre-Medical brochure).
2.Medical Degree Programmes
- Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery [MBChB], 5 years.
3.Pharmacy Degree Programme
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy [BSc Pharm], 4 years.
4.Nursing Degree Programmes:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN): direct entry, 4 years; in-service, 3years.
- Bachelor of Science in Midwifery;3years.
- Health Sciences Degree Programmes, 4 years.
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical [BSc Biomed]
- Bachelor of Science in Anaesthesia [BSc Anaesth]
- Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy [BSc Physio]
- Bachelor of Science in Radiography [BSc Rad]
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health [BSc Env H]
- Public Health
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Pharmacy Technology
- Environmental Health
- Clinical Medical Sciences
- Dental Technology
- Oral Health Therapy
- Medical Licentiate
- Theatre Nursing
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery, 4 years
Postgraduate Degree Programmes
Masters in Medicine Programmes
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Paediatric Surgery
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Dental Surgery (Maxillo Facial)
- Plastic Surgery
- Masters in Pharmacy (MP)
Public Health Programme
- Masters In Public Health (MPH)
Medical Education Programme
- Masters in Medical Education (MME)
- Masters of Science in Nursing
- Masters of Science in Midwifery and
Health Sciences Programmes
- Masters in Biomedical Sciences
- Masters in Physiotherapy
- Masters in Environmental Health
- Masters in Radiography
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Doctor of Public Health (DrPH)
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (MDS)
- Doctor of Medical Education
- Doctor of Nursing
Pre – Medical Programme:
GCE ‘O’ Levels or equivalent in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and English Language. Tuition fees: K5 million per semester.
a. ‘A’ Levels or equivalent in the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Maths or Physics.
b. Credit transfer from recognized Universities can be considered (transcript in relevant subjects for all years of study is required).
c. Advanced Diplomas, Nursing Diplomas or Higher Certificates in Health Sciences courses.
Nursing Diploma Courses
Five O-Level credits in English, Biology, Maths and any two other subjects (Entry qualifications are as per current General Nursing Council of Zambia requirements).
Health Sciences Diploma Courses
Five O-Level credits in English, Biology, Maths and any two other subjects (Entry qualifications are as per current Health Professions Council of Zambia requirements).Tuition
Short sub-specialty Programs Offered on Demand
- Certificate Courses
- Needs driven competency based courses
- Workshops and Seminars
- Symposiums and Conferences