Victoria Falls University of Technology
Nakatindi Road Campus
P.O Box 60247
Telephone : +260- 21-3323338
Mobile No. : +260-0977 687079
+260- 977 684673
Registered under the Zambian Ministry of Education Act of 1999, Victoria Falls University of Technology (VFU), the country’s first private science university was opened in livingstone, Zambia in January 2010
The university was founded to fill the growing need for science and technology skills in the country and to help strengthen the national economy. The development’s of VFU coincides with the government’s focus on science , technology and innovation as the driving forces in national development.
Victoria Falls University has three campuses which include, the Nakatindi road campus, the Kazungula Campus and the Livingstone Campus
The main campus is the Nakatindi Road Campus which is three kilometers from the center of Livingstone City and was formally part of the Coillard Primary School built in the early nineteen fifties and was named after a famous Scottish explorer who visited this part of Africa in the nineteenth century, Part of the school still exists but was renamed Mulwani Basic School after independence. The trade School was renamed Livingstone Institute of Business and Engineering until 1995 when the said institute moved to a site adjacent to its old campus. The campus was then rented by the Victoria Falls University of Technology and was renamed the Nakatindi Road Campus.
To be one of the top Universities of Science and Technology devoted to the advancement of technological entrepreneurship in Africa.
To prepare men and women into leadership roles and motivate them into wealth creation enabled by Science and Technology.
It is strategically located at the gateway to neighbouring countries of Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe and the Southern Africa economic hub, South Africa.VFU is in Livingstone the home of Victoria Falls and tourist capital of Zambia.
The University offers programmes in the following schools:
1. School of Information Communication and Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Management
2. School of Education
- Bachelors of Arts in Education with specialization in: English, French, Special Education, Religious Education, History, or Geography
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics with Education
3. School of Tourism, Languages and Arts
- Bachelors of Science in Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management
4. School of Business and Financial Management
- Executive Masters in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Human Resources Management
- Bachelor of Science in Banking and Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Project Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration
- ZICA Licentiate and Professional Programmes
5. School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts in Law
Schools to be started shortly are:
• Science and Engineering
• Agriculture and food Technologies
• Energy and Environment
Method of application:
• Application forms can be obtainable from the University College Campus in Livingstone or from the University website.
• Application forms must be accompanied by photo copies of relevant certificates.
Boarding facilities are available at the campus on first come first serve basis.